Due Dates is a tool that allows you to assign tasks to users and set due dates.
1. Press Configurations.
2. Under the task tab, select Add Task.
3. Enter the task information and press Save.
In this tab you can create tags that you can then place in the task.
To add a tag:
1. Write the name of the label in the box and press Add Label.
In this tab, you can create statuses for tasks.
1. Type the status you want to add in the box and press Add Status.
Note: Status To Do, In progress and Done are pre-created status and cannot be deleted.
With this tool you can update multiple tasks at once.
For example, if you want all tasks related to the same client to be assigned to the same person, you can do so by following the steps below:
1. In configurations, go to the Bulk Update tab.
2. Choose the Client you want to assign.
3. Press Next.
4. Under Assigned To, choose the user to whom you want to assign the tasks.
5. Click Bulk Update.
To create a task, follow the steps below.
1. Under the All Tasks tab in the main menu, click Create Task.
2. Enter the information of the task to be assigned and press Save.
To create the task, the following fields are required:
- Task Name
- Customer (must exist in the program, otherwise you must create a new customer)
- Due Date (if the task is not previously created in configuration, you must enter date)
You can edit the Progress Details, such as:
- Default: To Do
- Due Date
- This will be the date set when creating the task type in configuration, otherwise you will have to enter it manually.
- You can Add Extension and an additional 6 months will be added to the original due date.
- Contribution Year
- Default: 2022
- Assigned To
- Automatically assigned to the user who is creating it.
- Must be previously created in configuration.
- They must be registered users in the program.
3. Once the task is created, you can see it in the main menu where it will show the client, task type, to whom it is assigned, due date, status and label.
Due dates with a calendar symbol next to them mean that the due date for that task has been extended.
When you open the task, you can edit it or add comments and view the history of the task.
4. You will be able to filter the search of tasks either by contributive year or by the ones assigned to you for example.
5. You can export the list of tasks to Excel. You have the option to export according to the filter you choose.
For example, you can export all tasks in general or only tasks assigned to your user.
Create Tasks by importing Excel
1. In the main menu, click on the three horizontal dots and select Import Tasks.
2. Download the template.
2. Complete the task information following the instructions in the Layout tab.
3. Browse or drop the file into the program
4. Choose the Worksheet.
5. Press Import.
5. Press View Progress to see the status of the import or you can return to the task list.
The status will indicate whether the import was successful or had errors.
Press View errors to check what to correct in Excel.
If a task is assigned or a user is added as a collaborator, you will receive a notification informing you.
You can configure your notifications in the Configurations tab, where you can manage notifications by email, language, frequency, among others.
You can also set up notifications for upcoming tasks by pressing System Settings either from the Notifications tab in Configurations or from the System Settings tab.