Import data to the cloud version
A data import refers to the process of bringing data from an external source into a software program's database. This can be done manually or through automated methods , such as using the program's built-in import function. The data can be in various formats, such as an Excel file or an Expert Tax file.
This tutorial demonstrates the steps to follow to import your customer data using the Excel file.
- Login to Expert Tax Cloud and go to your Portal : https://portal.experttax.com/
- Select Import.
- Select the import method; in this example we use Excel.
- Download the Excel template.
- Open Excel and navigate to the Layout sheet. On this sheet you will find a map of what each field means with an example. The data you must include varies by Individual or Corporation.
- Import the Excel file.
- Review the customer information and press: Continue.
Check if you have any duplicate clients in the system.
- If you have already imported a client with the same social security, the program will ask you if you want to add it as a new client or if you want to replace it.
- Finish the import. Congratulations, you've successfully imported your clients!
To import Individual customer data, you must fill in the following fields.
B. Corporation or Legal Entity
To import the data of Corporation clients, you must fill in the following fields.
- If you have already imported a file with the same social security, the program will ask you if you want to add it as a new client or if you want to replace it.
- Two users cannot open the file at the same time.
- The interface and usability is exactly the same as the desktop application (only that in the cloud version it does not require you to make updates, since they are automatic).
- If you notice any irregularity in any function you are performing, please log out and log back in (in 90% or more of the cases this resolves the situation).