Want a worry-free tax season? With Expert Tax, a Puerto Rico tax filing software program, you will have the necessary tools for an intuitive and simple tax filing process. We have three modules available, they are, Individual, Corporation, and Payroll and Withholding.
Nowadays, the method of filing taxes is easier with the Cloud, since it allows individuals to file taxes anywhere that has internet, and they can do so securily without fear because we comply with the strictest security measures, confirmed by the SOC 2 Type 2 audit.
Learn why Expert Tax is the ideal platform for CPAs and accountants in Puerto Rico.
Steps to Follow to Activate and Complete Your Account Registration in Expert Tax
Access the Expert Tax Portal (portal.experttax.com), register, and create a company. Company registration is important because that way, the corporation, as an entity, will be able to have registered users. These will be the employees who will be using the program.
When the registration process starts, if the following steps that appear on the screen are not completed, the program will not consider the company registered. The steps are:
- Start: Register an email.
- Confirm: Verify the email with a validation code that will be sent to the email.
- Company Type: Select Single User if you are self-employed, or Multiple Users if the company is going to have several employees working under the account.
- Basic Information: Input information that corresponds to the account's administrator and the company.
- Other Information: Answer two questions related to Expert Tax. The questions are: How did you hear about Expert Tax? And What product did you use before?
- Password: Lastly, set up a password.
- Finish: Once this step is ready, the registration process is finished and the administrator can proceed to work on it.
Demos and organization within Expert Tax
Before making the decision of buying our program, see how it works. A "John Doe" will be automatically set up inside the account as an example of a typical client to show how client files are organized. Watch several demos of how each category of the program works. The categories with demos are:
- Individual: This includes all the forms available by the Department of Treasury and the IRS.
- Corporation: We have two corporation models available, Standard and Professional.
- Payroll and Withholding: All Forms, W-22s, and 480s are located here.
- Convert: Have a client from 2021 and want to convert them to 2022? That can be done in this category. Select the clients that you are going to convert and press the Continue button. The program will transfer all the basic information to 2022.
- Import: This category is responsible for uploading all the clients that will be worked on in the corresponding taxable year. This section is for creating the customer profile. Once the client is created, start filing the form that applies to the client. The Teams and Security subscription will be presented in this step. The subscription selects who can view the client's profile. Here are the three viable options for importing information from clients:
- Expert Tax: Documents that come from clients that have already been worked on previously with Expert Tax.
- Excel: Optional format for customer information upload using the Excel template.
- PDF: Another optional format for uploading customer information.
Each Form will be organized as follows:
- Code: This will always be the corresponding form that is being worked on. For example, a 1040-US.
- Name: Experiment with which option best benefits the client; create and have multiple spreadsheets per client. We suggest organizing the forms by names associated with the preparation of the tax return. For example, a married couple filing together vs. a married couple filing separately.
- Created On: This is the date for the day the document is created.
- Last Accessed On: This is the date someone last logged in to view or modify the document.
- Filing: The date of the day the tax return is filed will be applied here.
- Finished: Once the entire process is completed and the clients have approved everything, share the form through E-Files.
- E-Files: Ready to start filing? We recommend starting out by filling out the Basic Information since the Department of Treasury has established what information goes to each type of taxpayer. Remember to include the W-2 or any other corresponding spreadsheet and the forms that apply to the client.
Watched all the demos? Log into the portal and start your filing process journey.
Invitations and Payments within Expert Tax
Finished setting up the company account? Log into your Expert Tax Account (account.experttax.com) and proceed to purchase products or subscriptions through the same page. There will have several categories with their corresponding subcategories, these are:
- Profile: The information of the administrator will be here. The company will have a trainer and several specialists. To file forms as a specialist, you need a license and pin.
- Invitations: The employees who will be working under the same platform will need to be sent an invitation. Select the button that says +Invite Users and put the information that corresponds to the employee.
- Teams: This is the Teams and Security subscription. The purpose of this is that there might be a specialist who needs to work with certain forms. If the form carries any sensitive information, for security and privacy reasons, the document shouldn't be available to the whole team. Have any doubts about the subscription? Head over to our Buy Products area, where we share more information about our products.
- Options: Organize or modify everything related to the password created.
Billing and Payments:
- Quotes: The current price estimates.
- Invoices: The pending invoices.
- Wallet: The card or the payment method used will be placed here.
- Payments: Payments made in the past.
- Payment Plans: Here is the payment plan for the current year.
- Subscriptions: The subscriptions available are Teams and Security and Due Dates.
Other Important Details:
- The products currently available are: Professional Corporation, Standard Corporation, Individual, and Payroll and Withholding.
- Uploading a W-2? The first page might take a few seconds. Uploading an entire document will take a bit longer. When you load the client's information, if the information uploads correctly, there will be a green mark indicating that it is correct and approved.
- The tax forms that are not available are going through modifications, which are carried out according to what the Department of Treasury dictates.
- Keep in mind that deleting or removing a customer will be permanent.
- As with the account registration process, follow all the purchase steps. They are, Shopping Cart, Invoice, License Agreement, Payment, and Receipts.
- In the Payment section, select Full Payment or Payment Plan. The payment plan is divided into interest-free installments and will depend on the month you buy it since the last installment is in July. The first payment will be made in the month you purchase it. It will include the first installment plus the IVU. The rest of the installments will be debited monthly until the month of July.
- Change the language of the page by pressing the globe icon that appears in the upper right part of the account. This is available at all times.
- Remember that if another person wants to log in, you need to log out and close the browser being used since the program saves your information.
- In Manage Users, if they do not have the license in blue, they do not have the active license, meaning they will not be able to work. License activation is done by pressing the Active License button.
- The link account.experttax.com is for the process of setting up a company and its employees, and the link portal.experttax.com is for using the program.
Expert Tax is the most secure, reliable, and complete tax return preparation and filing software. With our team of more than 40 experts, we are committed to providing innovative technology and the best service always. For any additional questions about our program, watch our video Webinar: Learn about the Individuals module and how to import your data into Expert Tax, where this entire process is shown and other additional questions are clarified.