Nowadays, the world operates digitally. We depend on the Internet for many day-to-day activities; This includes tools, such as emails, virtual meeting platforms, and programs needed for the exchange of digital documents. These are used for tasks that are considered essential for one's work, whether the work is remote or in an office space.
Expert Tax is a platform that is fully on the Cloud. This dynamic can present concerns, like the security of your information on the internet, the privacy of your data, and your reliability in the Cloud.
Find out the answers to the most recurring questions from Expert Tax clients and how the Cloud actually adds value to the platform.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Cloud
Expert Tax has a solid history of reliability and providing quality services for its clients. By complying with the strictest security measures, Cloud integration allows our platform to evolve and continue to be fast, reliable, and secure.
The Cloud issue may still fill you with uncertainty. Here are three recurring questions that target Cloud concerns.
- Who is the owner of my data?
Working in the Cloud does not change your authority over your data. We take care of the storage and protection of the data, but you remain the owner of your data.
- Will my data be safe?
Your data is protected by the strictest measures, confirmed by the SOC 2 Type 2 audit. This process is established by the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants), under the Trust Services Criteria. The levels are defined as follows:
- Type I - Describes an organization's system and whether its design complies with the relevant Trust Principles.
- Type II - Focuses on the operational effectiveness of applying these controls over a period of time.
Examples of how we operate and comply with the audit:
- All sensitive information involves an encryption process, both in the period in which you use the application and in the storage of data.
- We offer advanced authorization mechanisms. Examples of this are the two-factor authorization currently available for any Expert Tax account, and being able to use an Office 365 account to access Expert Tax.
- What happens if the internet goes down?
Bearing in mind the interaction between society and the Internet, it should be considered imperative that every company has to have an emergency plan for its services or products linked to the network. The plan can vary; It can consist of having a "hot spot" available, or it can consist of having a more advanced infrastructure that automatically allows you to change your Internet provider when the main source fails you.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to write us directly at Contact us.
Important Facts About Expert Tax in Relation to the Cloud
- Every user who is going to use the program needs to use a unique email. The use of multiple accounts under the same email is not allowed.
- Every account has an administrator. This is who has the privileges to manage licenses and control the main account.
Do you Have Other Questions Regarding the Cloud?
Visit our manuals that are aimed at explaining procedures associated with the Cloud:
Expert Tax has the necessary measures to mitigate any risk that could threaten the security of your data in the Cloud. To see all the benefits that the Cloud offers, read our article The Benefits of Using Expert Tax Cloud. Access Expert Tax today.