Expert Tax offers the necessary tools for a worry-free tax season. With three modules available, you can select and work with the module that best fits your client's needs. The available modules are Individual, Corporation, and Payroll and Withholding.
You selected the Individual module and have just started preparing your client's tax return. Now that you are on your way to having an intuitive and simple tax preparation process with Expert Tax you might wonder, what makes Expert Tax's Individual Module stand out from other platforms and packages?
Learn about our platform's flexibility so that you can start preparing and filing tax returns with a program that meets your every need.
Connected to the Cloud
The Individual Module is one of our available modules, designed with you in mind. It focuses on the preparation process and electronic filing of individual income tax returns. The available languages for the module are English and Spanish.
What benefits does Expert Tax offer?
- Customer profile. Create an account on the Expert Tax portal in order to purchase products or subscriptions through the same account. Here you will process the billings, payments, and any necessary changes.
- High levels of security. Expert Tax complies with the SOC 2 Type II audit, security measures defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Compliance with the Trusted Services Criteria means that the platform complies with strict security measures.
- Accessibility. The Expert Tax application works exclusively from the cloud, which allows you to work on any computer that has internet access. To learn more about the benefits of the cloud, visit our article The Benefits of Using Expert Tax Cloud.
- Demo to familiarize you with the program. Before purchasing Expert Tax, you can view a demo that shows how each category of the program works. It ensures that you become familiar with the program.
- Technical support team. Our Support Center is available 24/7 with manuals, guides, and articles on tax preparation or guidelines for the Expert Tax platform. You will also have the option to communicate with one of our representatives through your account. Communication options include telephone, email, using the Call Back functionality, or through the help request system (method recommended by us).
- A subscription that elevates your work. The Due Dates subscription targets task management and due dates. It comes at an additional cost.
- Payment plan. You can take advantage of our payment plan, available without interest.
What does the Individuals Module include?
- The OCR. Optical Character Recognition is a functionality that is responsible for transferring basic information, which speeds up the tax preparation process and data entry. Your account includes three methods of importing documents that the OCR can read. These are PDF, Expert Tax, and Excel.
- Client Profile. Before working on a tax form, you need to create your client's profile. Once completed, you will go on to create and work on the corresponding tax forms.
- The platform has all the forms available from the Department of Treasury and the IRS. If a form does not appear active, it means that our team of programmers is updating it before making it available. They work according to the information that comes directly from the Treasury Department. The available forms are:
- SC 2788 A. Donations Tax Return
- SC 2788 B. Donations Informative Form - As of January 1, 2018
- SC 2800 B. Estate Tax Return - Individuals Deceased after December 31, 2010
- SC 2800 C. Informative Form on Heirloom Estate- Applies only to deceased individuals as of January 1, 2018
- VOB (Indi). Business Volume Statement
- AS 2801. Estate Tax Return of Nonresident or United States Citizen Resident of Puerto Rico
- AS-29. Personal Property Tax Return
- 1040-PR. Self-Employment Tax Return Federal Tax Declaration (Spanish)
- 1040-SS. U.S. Self-Employment Tax Return (English)
- 1040-US. U.S. Single Income Tax Return
- 480.8. Income Tax Return for Trustees (Inheritance and Trusts)
- 480.8(F). Informative Tax Return on Income from Revocable Trusts or Trusts for the Benefit of the Settlor "Grantor Trusts"
- 482. Individual Income Tax Return
- SC 2225. Monthly Tax Return
- SC 2225A. Monthly Tax Return on Gasoline
- Access to tax returns from previous years since 2018. The program allows you access and the ability to work on tax returns from previous years at no additional cost.
- Data validation. The application does not allow filing tax returns if they do not meet the requirements established by the Department of Treasury. You can easily update any incorrect information as the application highlights the errors for you.
- And much more...
Do you have a guide for preparing Individual Tax Returns?
For more information on the individuals' module and a guide on how it works, visit our video Webinar on Expert Tax: How it Works and the Individuals Module. The video includes an overview of the Individual module.
Expert Tax provides high-quality products and services. With the latest advances in technology and custom packages, you'll have everything you need in one place. To learn more about your Expert Tax account, visit our article Expert Tax: How to Start your Account and Use the Platform.